|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||PSS303 - Transnational Crime and Globalisation|
PSS303 – Transnational Crime and Globalisation Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Analyse the responses produced by Chat GPT to identify and elaborate on what is lacking in the responses and any points not covered
(a) Analyse the responses produced by Chat GPT to identify and elaborate on what is lacking in the responses and any points not covered.
(b) Illustrate what can cause this significant proliferation, based on potential
technological and geopolitical developments in Asia.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Study Unit 1
Overview and Components of Transnational Crime
In this unit, we will begin by exploring how the effects of globalization from times of antiquity to the present age have promoted the rise of transnational crime. To fully appreciate the dynamics involved, we will focus on two forms of transnational crime that are not a recent phenomenon – namely, piracy and slavery. We will illustrate this transformation and why countering transnational crime can be so challenging in the age of globalisation. Finally, this unit will examine how we can use appropriate criminological frameworks to better appreciate the various dimensions of transnational crime, including the less visible aspects of it. This would lead us towards a discussion on the mechanisms best suited for measuring the various forms of transnational crime
Study Unit 2
Corruption and Global Criminal Syndicates
Transnational organised crime is a common feature of most forms of transnational crime. Transnational crime networks operate the criminal process for a particular crime in different countries. For example, in the case of the production of the drug ecstasy, the producers of the drug in Holland may obtain the precursor chemicals needed for production from China and Germany, manufacture the pills in Netherlands and Belgium, ship it to Australia, and have the money from the proceeds of the drug sales laundered
in banks located in the Virgin Islands. As such, the criminal syndicate has members in different countries or working in collaboration with local criminal syndicates and individuals in other countries. In this unit, we will first examine the various network typologies of criminal syndicates. We will then evaluate the extent of global organised crime using an index of social indicators of organised crime activities. One of the key social indicators is the pervasiveness of corruption in the socio-economic and political environment of the country in question.
Study Unit 3
Global Contraband Trafficking, Money Laundering, and
This unit deals with four of the biggest aspects of transnational crime involving contrabands – namely drug trafficking, firearm trafficking, counterfeit goods, and money laundering. The origins of each of these major forms of transnational trafficking will be presented followed by insights on strategies used by organized crime groups, what factors
facilitate such illegal trade, and the socio-economic harm caused by these transnational crimes. Finally, it will delve into new trends in each of these transnational crimes and global conventions and strategies to counter these crimes. As you read through this unit, look out for examples you might have come across in the news regarding how each of these transnational crimes have evolved and adapted during this time of the COVID-19pandemic.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Maximize your academic potential with our array of services, including support for tutor-marked assignments, GBA tasks, and unparalleled Dissertation Writing Services tailored for Singapore students. We offer top-tier online assignment help to ensure your success at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Whether you're diving into the complexities of PSS303 - Transnational Crime and Globalisation, or any other subject, our expert team is at your disposal. Bid farewell to academic uncertainties and empower yourself with our specialized assistance. Your journey towards excellence begins with us – trust our expertise and pave the way to academic achievement!
Tags:- PSS303 SUSS
- COMP5355 cyber security Report, SIM, Singapore: Analyzing the SSL/TLS certificate verification of real Android apps
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices