|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||PSY107: Introduction to Psychology 1|
PSY107: Introduction to Psychology 1 Assignment, SUSS, Singapore The Introduction presents existing theories and relevant past research studies providing the bases for the current research problem
Question 1: General Information
a) State the title of the article.
b) State the name(s) of the author(s) of the article.
c) State the name of the journal, the year of publication, volume number, and page numbers.
Question 2: Introduction
The Introduction presents existing theories and relevant past research studies providing the bases for the current research problem. Statements of the expected results are made at the end of the Introduction.
a) Identify the main aim and hypothesis of this research study.
b) Briefly explain the rationale for the current study, based on what the article says about previous research in this area.
Question 3: Method
The Method section of an experimental study is usually divided into the following subsections – Participants, Materials/Apparatus, Design, and Procedure. The present journal article only has Participants (called “Subjects”) and Procedure sections.
a) Using your own words as far as possible, summarise the procedure of the experiment.
b) Briefly explain what counterbalancing is, and why it was necessary in this experiment.
Question 4: Results
The Results section reports the descriptive and inferential statistics. The results of the statistical analysis can be complicated and difficult to understand especially if you are not familiar with the statistical tests used. For the purpose of this assignment, let us not be too concerned with the statistical analyses involved. The present journal article combines the Results and
a) Briefly summarise how the researchers determined if the participants experienced false memory recall in the experiment.
b) Summarise the findings of the experiment in terms of false memory recall for the two conditions in the experiment.
Question 5: Discussion
The Discussion section presents a discussion of the results with respect to the research question set out in the Introduction. It also addresses the theoretical implications of the results. The present journal article combines the Results and Discussion sections.
a) In the Discussion, the authors argue that a possible alternative explanation for their results is not supported by the data. Summarise this argument. [Word limit = 150]
b) Briefly define and describe the concept of “misattribution” and provide your own original example of this concept.
Question 6: Abstract
The Abstract is a concise summary of the whole article and appears at the beginning of the article. It contains key information about the research study such as, the purpose/aim of the study, the research design, research hypotheses, results, and some concluding statements about the implications of the results.
On a 5-point rating scale ranging from 1 = ‘poor’ to 5 = ‘excellent’, how would you rate the Abstract of this article? In no more than 100 words, provide reasons for your rating.
Question 7: References
The References section lists the full reference of all sources cited or referred to in the study.
a) Present the full reference of the following three items as you would expect them to appear in the References section, following the APA format:
- the assigned TMA01 article
- the course textbook
- any journal article on the topic of “false memory” found in SUSS Library in Canvas or Google Scholar
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Seeking assistance with your PSY107: Introduction to Psychology 1 assignment at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? Look no further! Our assignment writing service in Singapore is here to cater to your needs. Whether it's your FYP (Final Year Project) or group-based assignments, our team of experts can provide the help you require. We specialize in Case Study Writing Help, enabling you to analyze existing theories and past research studies relevant to your current research problem. Pay for our expert assistance and excel in your introduction to psychology studies!
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Some experts in public health have proposed to cut tobacco-related deaths by reducing nicotine levels in cigarettes
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Researchers use experimental designs to make causal inference
- HRM331 Talent Management, SUSS, Singapore: Begin by conducting research on the topic of hiring for cultural fit. This research explores both the proponents’ and critics’
- ECON1056 Managerial and Business Economics Report, SIM, Singapore: What is the maximum price the company can charge a household for an income insurance policy?
- HBC101 Understanding Contemporary Society: The Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: “Countdown to Singapore’s Presidential Elections: Who is Likely to Run?”
- PSS101 Introduction to Singapore Legal System Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: All would be lost if the same man or the same body of principal men…exercised these three powers; that of making the laws
- PSS221 Urban Resilience and Security and Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: This unit aims to introduce terminology and concepts associated with urban resilience
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices