|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|PSY259: Personality and Individual Differences
PSY259: Personality and Individual Differences Report, SUSS, Singapore In recent years there has been an exponential increase in interest in a set of socially aversive traits collectively referred
In recent years there has been an exponential increase in interest in a set of socially aversive traits collectively referred to as the Dark Triad traits and their psychosocial determinants and correlates. Although narcissism and psychopathy originated in clinical literature and practice, they are treated as sub-clinical traits in the Dark Triad composite.
Hence, the Dark Triad deals with narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism at non-clinical levels that vary within the normal population. People high on these “dark” personalities are characterized by disagreeableness, callousness, dishonesty, duplicity, and aggressiveness; they tend to lead a fast and exploitive, rather than a caring and prosocial, life.
Of these three dark traits, narcissism is on the “lighter” side while the other two, the Malicious Two, are further on the dark side. For instance, while people showing psychopathic or Machiavellian traits do not particularly live a long, and happy life, high scorers on narcissism often report higher levels of self-esteem and subjective well-being.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Additionally, higher levels of attractiveness in narcissists “lead to positive feedback from others that enhances self-views”. Nevertheless, this does not mean that narcissism is a purely adaptive trait; it is clearly maladaptive in a number of respects and has long-term interpersonal costs, such as mate abandonment, and attachment dysfunctions.
In the current study, we are interested in delineating a more comprehensive view of the Dark Triad traits’ independent links to eudaimonic and hedonic well-being. While some emerging studies report the relationship of the Dark Triad with SWB, those examining eudaimonic well-being in relation to the dark traits are almost non-existent.
Hedonic conceptualization of well-being, upon which the SWB measurements are based, involves the pursuit of fairly immediate gratification, whereas eudaimonic well-being may need an investment in the future, and involve activities that are not necessarily enjoyable at the time they are carried out.
Since much of the common variance in the Dark Triad is captured by the HEXACO Honesty–Humility dimension and that Honesty–Humility has been shown to have positive correlations with Ryff’s (1989) psychological well-being measures, which are based on a eudaimonic conceptualization of wellbeing we expect to find some negative associations between the Dark Triad particularly the Malicious Two and eudaimonic well-being. Due to narcissism’s links to greater self-esteem and SWB, and the overlap between hedonic and eudaimonic well-being, one might expect to find a similar pattern of results in the eudaimonic arena.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Struggling with your PSY259: Personality and Individual Differences report and in need of expert guidance? Look no further than My Assignment Help Sg for exceptional online assignment assistance. Our skilled writers provide specialized Report Writing Services designed to meet the requirements of the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Trust our unique meta-writing skills to captivate your readers, establish a strong foundation for your report, and help you excel in your academic journey.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices