|University||University of Roehampton Business School|
|Subject||Sustainable Business Strategies|
RBP020L065A: Assessment Brief Sustainable Business Strategy Case Study, University of Roehampton Business School, Singapore
An analysis of the industry structure and forces in a strategy context. External analysis. Systematically identify and critically discuss:
a) Growth Opportunities and current emerging Threats in the chosen industry environment. Apply the PESTEL model to identify and discuss a number of important external strategic issues each concluded as an Opportunity (O) or a Threat (T). Use appropriately referenced data (figures, charts, etc.) to support your arguments.
b) Industry attractiveness (including competition pressures in the industry in setting). Apply the 5 Forces model to discuss industry attractiveness (each force should be concluded as High, Moderate or Low and industry attractiveness should be assessed having these forces in mind.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Task 2 (10%)
Outline issues of environmental or social sustainability in the chosen industry and reflect, which ethical dilemmas society and governments are imposing on the strategy, if any.
Task 3 (20%)
a) Identify and discuss a number of unique resources (human, physical and intangible) for the organisation (approximately 5-6). Discuss financial resources by calculating financial ratios (ROCE, Current, Gearing and Interest Cover) for the last two years and interpreting these (year on year performance).
b) Use the Value Chain concept to map and discuss company’s activities (construct a Value Chain for the organisation and list 5 -10 activities within). The emphasis should be on distinctive (rather than threshold) competences.
c) Use the VRIO concept to identify their core competences: Select the most important 5 activities from the Value Chain and copy these to the VRIO table (testing each for all 4 criteria – V, R, I and O). Select two distinctive activities (competences) of the 5 listed in VRIO and discuss these two in detail (explain the activity and your reasoning behind V, R and I – assume that all competences have organisational support). Identify and discuss dynamic capabilities the company possesses. While addressing Dynamic capabilities remind yourself that dynamic capabilities are about a company’s capacity to purposefully create, extend, or modify its resource base. According to Teece, that means companies have to be agile and, when necessary, reconfigure the business enterprise’s intangible and tangible assets. Thus please
provide a dynamic analysis looking into the future and highlighting the development and further growth of the company through strategy. A good assignment will not just describe concepts and it will use real facts, figures and data where available.
d) Discuss the generic strategy and strategic group the company would typically chose based on this preliminary analysis (use either Porter’s model or Bowman’s strategy clock). You may attach a SWOT matrix as Appendix. Please note for marking purposes that a SWOT matrix is only a summary of company’s strengths and weaknesses and does not substitute for an in-depth discussion of dynamic capabilities.
a) Recommend a set of new strategic options (at least TWO) for the organisation from 2021– 2026. Construct a TOWS matrix (populate fully outer sections – all Os and Ts from
Task 1 (Q1)
should be listed in O and T sections of TOWS; all unique resources and distinctive competences/activities discussed in Task 3 (Q3) and identified as Ss and Ws should be listed in S and W section of TOWS; two or more strategic recommendations should be placed in one or more of the four inner sections of TOWS – each recommendation should be made as a combination of external and internal issues – e.g. a recommendation made in S-O intersection
should clearly indicate what S or Ss were combined with what O or Os). The idea is to take external and internal issues into account while making strategic recommendations (proposed recommendations need to make sense).
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Elevate your academic journey with our exceptional services tailored for Singaporean students! At [Your Company Name], we specialize in providing top-tier assignment help in Singapore. Whether you're delving into intricate subjects like Sustainable Business Strategies at the University of Roehampton Business School or require expert guidance for Case Study Writing Help, individual assignments, or formative assessments, our dedicated team of professionals is here to assist you. Don't let the RBP020L065A Sustainable Business Strategy Case Study at the University of Roehampton Business School in Singapore overwhelm you. Trust our experts to pave your path to success. Connect with us today and excel in your studies!
Tags:- RBP020L065A University of Roehampton Business School
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices