|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|SCO104: Globalisation and Technology
SCO104: Globalization and Technology Essay, SUSS, Singapore Identify one issue from the required reading that is relevant to the course and Based on that issue, state a position
Identify one issue from the required reading that is relevant to the course. Based on that issue, state a position (i.e. your argument). Develop and substantiate your position/argument with relevant and accurate information, reasons, and analysis.
Your submission will be assessed according to the following:
Defining the argument
- State your argument clearly
- Explain key terms and concepts in your argument
- Identify an issue from the assigned reading
- Discuss the link between the assigned reading’s issue and any concept/issue from the course
Development of claims in support of the argument
- Develop your argument logically with clear reasoning and thoughtful analysis
- Provide relevant claims and detailed examples in support of the argument
- Ensure that your sources are clearly and properly cited
- Write a coherent, organized, and well-integrated essay.
- Ensure proper grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and adherence to style guidelines.
Write this essay in the form of an opinion editorial (op-ed). Use personal pronouns such as “I” to convey your researched (and citable) observations and opinions. Hence, the essay has to be organized to allow the argument to come through clearly and coherently to the reader. The essay has to adopt basic formality, i.e. presented in whole and structured sentences.
The core components of the essay are:
Introduction. Usually one paragraph. States your claim/argument, with a brief outline of the supporting reasons or rationale for taking the position you have chosen. *If there is a question, make sure your stated position directly addresses the question asked. Below is a sample introductory paragraph based on this TMA question.
In the speech, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said: “But if we succumb to the temptation to close our doors, we will surely end up hurting ourselves. Our economy will stagnate, Singaporeans will have fewer rather than more job opportunities, and the country’s long-term prospects will be endangered.” (Lee, 2022). I agree with this part of the speech to a certain extent as there are drawbacks to not wanting to open Singapore’s economy to the rest of the
world. However, I do feel there are certain consequences of immigration that need to be taken into consideration. A point I would like to raise is that we need to carefully manage the flow of immigration into Singapore. Using recent reports of tensions between Singaporeans and nonSingaporeans, I argue that a lot of work is required in order to balance the needs of the national economy whilst maintaining societal harmony.
Body. Paragraphs developing your outlined reasons or rationale in the introductory paragraph, with relevant and clearly substantiated examples. The PEEL principle may be useful to follow:
- Point (specific point/argument you want to make)
- Providing an Example for that point or argument
- Explain why the example is relevant to the point/argument you are making, and
- Link it back to the overarching argument your essay is making.
Using the example above, the instructor will expect the body to at least include the following points: an explanation of the connection between liberal immigration policy and backlash, and the development and elaboration of the restrictions on immigration.
Conclusion. Usually in one paragraph, which reiterates your position. Can also be used as a space for reflection on the broader themes that your specific examples engaged within the essay.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Get comprehensive assignment assistance in Singapore and expert essay writing help for your SCO104 course at the Singapore University of Social Science. Discover the intricate relationship between globalization and technology, their effects on society, and the challenges they pose. Trust My Assignment Help SG to guide you through this captivating exploration of the global landscape.
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices