|Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
|Managing the Employment Relationship Coursework
Managing the Employment Relationship Coursework, NTU, Singapore Select two “employee voice” practices, one an example of representative participation and the second an example
- Select two “employee voice” practices, one an example of representative participation and the second an example of direct employee involvement. Compare the strengths and weaknesses of each practice, in terms of depth, level, scope, and form, of each and discuss their value to the employee.
- You have been asked to give advice to the management of a large family-owned I.T. business in Singapore providing technical support to small businesses. The organization has grown rapidly in size over the past five years and previously good relationships with staff have become strained. Management has noticed an increase in staff turnover and short-term sickness absences over the past year.
The organization offers a competitive salary and there seems to be no problem in recruiting employees, but the problem is getting them to stay. Exit interviews suggest that employees do not feel listened to and as such have little influence over decisions that affect them. A year ago, the management team undertook an employee satisfaction survey and there was a good return rate for this. Employees seemed keen to raise a number of issues. A Significant number of respondents referred to the following:
- In some areas there seemed to be problems with employees not getting on well with their supervisors, and commenting on favoritism in the allocation of work and approval of requests for time off, etc.
- Staff is unhappy that there are few procedures covering working practices, resulting in arbitrary management decision-making.
- Staff feels that management should recognize a trade union so that more decisions can be jointly made and are more equitable.
- The need to establish appropriate mechanisms to resolve both individual and collective conflict at work.
Since the survey, nothing much has changed and the problems are getting worse. Management cannot offer increases in salary as a means of retaining employees or improving morale but believes that the answer may lie in improving employee relations within the organization.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Introducing Pay for Assignments Online, your ultimate solution for academic success at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Need assistance with TMA or the solution to your summative assignments in the subject of Managing the Employment Relationship? Look no further! Our team of experts specializes in providing top-notch Report Writing Service tailored specifically for Singaporean students. With our services, you can conveniently pay our skilled professionals to take over your coursework and excel in your academic journey. Selecting "employee voice" practices, including representative participation examples? We've got you covered! Trust Pay for Assignments Online for all your academic needs and witness remarkable improvements in your educational journey.
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices