|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||SOC331 Aging Society Essay|
SOC331 Aging Society Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Examine the level of retirement adequacy among older people in Singapore.
Question: Examine the level of retirement adequacy among older people in
You will have to conduct 1) secondary research on this topic, and 2) in-depth qualitative interviews, to address this ECA.
Important note for the in-depth qualitative interviews: You will need to interview EXACTLY TWO persons who should be aged 50 or older. The interviewees could be currently retired or are preparing for retirement. The interviews should be conducted face-to-face.
This assignment allows you to practise your interviewing skills, organise research and empirical data, as well as to analyse the ageing process of older persons. You will illustrate the heterogeneity of ageing populations and analyse ageing experiences with reference to relevant issues from the course. In doing so, you will compose a nuanced picture of retirement adequacy and ageing.
Before you start, you should read the relevant material in your course; and to have a better idea of the concept of ageing in the local context, you could look up recent news articles (via NewsLink or Factiva in SUSS’s e-resources) that highlighted concerns about ageing and various approaches to ageing. You should also look up additional and recent scholarly articles relevant to the topic, using SUSS’s e-resources (e.g. The Gerontologist, Ageing & Society, JSTOR, ScienceDirect, SocINDEX, Blackwell Reference Online selected SAGE journals) for your secondary research.
Prepare a list of questions in advance that you will ask each interviewee so that the interview will be focused. If the person consents, the interview may be audio-recorded (but this is not compulsory). If consent for audio recording is not given by the interviewee, be sure to note their responses in a written format. If he or she lives with family, it is important to seek the family members’ permission. It is suggested that each interview should take 15 to 20 minutes.
The written essay should contain basic bio data of the person such as name (a fictitious one to protect his/her privacy), age, ethnicity, gender, place of birth, educational attainment, occupation, and living arrangements.
The essay should address the question thoroughly, using relevant theories and concepts associated with social gerontology.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
You will need to address the following guiding points for this ECA:
1. Introduce and explain the concept of retirement adequacy.
2. Discuss the trends of retirement adequacy among older adults in Singapore and/or other ageing societies. Explain why retirement adequacy is important for the well-being and quality of life of older people.
3. Investigate and compare the interviewees’ levels of retirement adequacy. You may discuss issues such as, but not limited to, their estimated/projected retirement incomes, sources of retirement incomes, retirement needs and aspirations, satisfaction (or lack thereof) of their retirement incomes and retirement lifestyles.
4. Examine how sociodemographic factors such as gender, culture and/or social class could influence the interviewees’ retirement adequacy. Also, consider how these sociodemographic factors could have created barriers and opportunities for the interviewees to build and maintain their retirement adequacy.
5. Apply any relevant concepts and theories covered in the course to explain the retirement adequacy of the interviewees.
6. Evaluate a current national policy or programme that aims to increase the retirement adequacy for older persons in Singapore. Discuss how this policy could be improved in ONE way to strengthen the retirement adequacy of the interviewees.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
For students at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) grappling with challenges in assignments such as GBA or seeking assignment help in Singapore, our dedicated team offers specialized guidance. Our Dissertation Writing Services are tailored to cater to the academic needs of students. Specifically, we provide comprehensive support for subjects like the SOC331 Aging Society Essay, where the focus is on examining the level of retirement adequacy among older individuals in Singapore. With our expert assistance, navigating through such academic tasks becomes more manageable, allowing students to excel in their coursework. Trust us for the support you need to thrive in your academic journey.
- COMP5355 cyber security Report, SIM, Singapore: Analyzing the SSL/TLS certificate verification of real Android apps
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices