|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|ST2195 Programming For Data Science Report
ST2195 Programming For Data Science Report: The 2009 ASA Statistical Computing and Graphics Data Expo consisted of flight arrival
The 2009 ASA Statistical Computing and Graphics Data Expo consisted of flight arrival and departure details for all commercial flights on major carriers within the USA from October 1987 to April 2008. This is a large dataset; there are nearly 120 million records in total, and it takes up 1.6 gigabytes of space when compressed and 12 gigabytes when uncompressed.
The complete dataset, along with supplementary information and variable descriptions can be downloaded from the Harvard Dataverse at https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/HG7NV7 Choose any subset of ten consecutive years and any of the supplementary information provided by the Harvard Dataverse to answer the following questions using the principles and tools you have learned in this course:
(a) What are the best times and days of the week to minimise delays each year?
(b) Evaluate whether older planes suffer more delays on a year-to-year basis.
(c) For each year, fit a logistic regression model for the probability of diverted US flights using as many features as possible from attributes of the departure date, the scheduled departure and arrival times, the coordinates and distance between departure and planned arrival airports, and the carrier. Visualize the coefficients across years.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
• All questions should be answered using R and Python for all tasks.
• Your answers should be provided in a separate structured report of no more than 1 page for part 1 and 6 pages for part 2. The page limit excludes titles, references, and table of contents but includes graphics and tables. The report should be in PDF format and also contain adequate explanations for readers not familiar with programming. In addition to the report, you will also be asked to provide your R and Python code in RMarkdown and Jupyter notebooks, respectively. All the relevant files must be submitted in the designated Atrio or VLE submission portal.
• For part 2, each report should detail all steps you took starting from raw data up to the answer for each question. Any databases you set up, data wrangling/cleaning operations you carry out, and any modeling decisions you make should be clearly described in each structured report. Each report should also include any relevant graphics and tables as part of the answer.
• If you are using elements (e.g. code, databases, graphics, etc) from your answer to a previous question to answer the current one, you will need to refer to those elements.
• You should also supply the code you used to answer each question, in a way that can be used by someone else to replicate your analyses. You can do this either as separate scripts or separate RMarkdown/Jupyter notebooks per question, clearly indicating (both with comments and in the filename) which question each script refers to.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices