|University||Singapore Management University (SMU)|
|Subject||Introduction To Statistics Assignment|
Introduction To Statistics Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Using the frequency distribution method, provide an arrangement or use a table that groups raw data into intervals
Question 1. Frequency distribution
Using the frequency distribution method, provide an arrangement or use a table that groups raw data into intervals or classes and records the number of observations (frequency) in each class. The information given would be as follows: A class Science test was recently conducted. We have obtained the raw marks.
The class test result is now recorded and the marks are given below:
94 42 313 49 194 212 19 140 16 120
105 116 29 58 167 163 29 88 302 101
187 155 106153 69 105 20 88 97 64
49 202170 217 19 313 307219 113 74
45 141 44 293 104 82 25 84 43 86
100 29 212 28 10 15 25 157 209 28
a). Provide the answer with your solution given.
b) Using the Frequency Distribution method, calculate and present your answer to demonstrate how marks are obtained.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Question 2. The measure of Central Tendency
An Individual Observation of a problem is given below. Student is required to find the mean and it’s n number (where n = no of numbers). Using a relevant formula, find the mean of the set of numbers: 33, 41, 25, 30, 35.
a) Provide a solution with your answer by calculating the quantitative value of
b) Provide your answer using the discrete series method and using the mean with a relevant formula.
The table below shows the scores in a class test. The marks had been corrected to the nearest mark.
Marks: 10-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50 – 59
Freq : 2 8 12 14 5
a) Calculate the median by using a relevant formula.
c) Find the Median by using the graphical method. You are advised to draw the Cumulative Frequency Curve and Plot the cumulative frequency (cf) against it upper boundaries
Question 3. Measure of Dispersion
By referring to the table below, calculate by using the appropriate formula and finding the mean and the standard deviation below:
Mass (kg) 10-20 20-30 30-40
Frequency 2 5 3
Question 4. Sampling Distributions
a) Discuss what is Sampling Errors.
b} Discuss the nature or the types of data collection by using Primary data and
secondary data collection. You are to provide at least two examples each.
c) Provide what are the advantages and disadvantages of face-to-face interviews? You are to provide two examples each.
d) Discuss what is cluster sampling?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
- Ellie’s Emotions Case Study, SIM, Singapore: Ellie is a 17-year-old girl in secondary school. Her mother, Mrs Ong owns a beauty spa business
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform a study on the effect/impact of oil price on the demand for Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV)
- Statistics and Statistical Data Mining Course Work, UOL, Singapore: You will implement several data pre-processing and engineering steps that are common in data science
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices