|Oxford Brookes University (OBU)
Computer Science Assignment, OBU, Singapore You are to create an application to keep track of the jogging spots in Singapore
You are to create an application to keep track of the jogging spots in Singapore. There are three categories: Parks, Park Connectors, and Stadiums.
You have to implement a menu-driven application with the features shown in Fig 1 below:
For Part 1 of the Graded Assignment, you are to create a menu-driven application that would only perform view functions. Add functions are NOT required, they will be implemented only in Part 2 of the project.
- View All Jogging Spots – this function should display the relevant details (which will be elaborated on in the following sections) about each jogging spot.
- View Jogging Spots by Category– this function should display a sub-menu and prompt the user to select the category of jogging spot to display, and then show the relevant details for all jogging spots in that category.
- Quit – this function should terminate the program.
- Every Instrumentrecord should capture the name of the jogging spot.
- For Park records, the application has to also capture whether the jogging spot has a sea view.
- For Park Connector records, the application has to also capture the route distance in km (double value).
- For Stadium records, the application has to also capture the closing time, assumed to be the same every day.
- For Part 1 of the Graded Assignment, your application will manage data of entry records that are already in the database. Your application is required to retrieve the appropriate data and display it to the users.
- Database Tables and Fields
- The following information describes one possible example to implement the requirements described above.
- Two tables will be used. The jogging_spot table will store all the data about the jogging spots, except the unavailability dates for stadiums (when booked for functions and closed to joggers). These unavailability dates will be stored separately in theunavailability_date
- You are free to use them or improve on them by implementing your own database tables and fields.
- Complete the following tasks
- Set up the database to support the application
- Write a menu-driven application(ref. Fig 1 above) to display jogging spot records for all jogging spots and according to jogging spot categories
- Complete the following tasks
- Create classes for each jogging spot category, namelyPark, ParkConnectorand Stadium.
- Create an abstract parent class for these classes named JoggingSpot.
- Implement constructors and getter methods for every field in each class.
- Create interface unavailability that contains one public method to announce availability(). This interface should be implemented by the Stadium class to do the following tasks:
- Retrieve unavailability dates for the current stadium, from today to two weeks into the future, from the unavailability_date table
- Display the unavailability announcement, if any
- announceUnavailbility() should be used when displaying stadium info
- Draw the complete class diagram for the above interface and classes.
- You can draw on paper, take a photo, and attach it to an MS Word document, or
- Draw using MS Word or other suitable tools.
- Write code for the above three classes.
- Enhance code in Section A with the following points
- Create an ArrayList of JoggingSpotobjects
- For each record from the jogging_spottable, create either a Park, ParkConnector, or Stadium object to store the fields in that record
- Add the object into the ArrayList of JoggingSpotobjects
- Use the values stored in the ArrayList objects to display the relevant results to the user(instead of reading directly from the database for every user request).
- Complete and submit a report using the following report template:
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Seeking Expert Online Assignment Assistance for Oxford Brookes University? Trust MY Assignment Help SG! Our professional writers provide top-notch solutions tailored to OBU's computer science assignments. Score higher grades with our customized approach and timely delivery.
Tags:- OBU COMPUTER SCIENCE
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices